Six Guiding Questions to Organize Email
What will give the reader a reason to open this message?
· Background – What does the reader know already that has triggered this message?
· Main Point – What is the single, most important point of this message?
· Space – Can you skip lines and indent to make information easy to read?
· Lists/Bullets – Can you present each point separately? Would subheads help to organize a message with more than one topic?
· Short paragraphs – Does reader need an explanation?
· Action – What happens next? When?