Listed below are the questions that I have been asked from potential employers or the questions that I have asked when interviewing potential candidates.
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Briefly describe how your career experiences meet the position requirements, qualifications, skills and abilities noted in the job posting
3. Please list any other relevant information that could assist us further in considering you for this job:
4. What are your weaknesses? What have you done to correct those weaknesses?
5. Why are you leaving?
6. What major challenges have you faced?
7. Which job did you like to most? What areas of your job do you enjoy? What did you like most about your last job?
8. How well do you handle pressure? Tell me about a time when you were under a great deal of pressure.
9. What was your greatest accomplishment in your present or last job?
10. How do you handle confrontation?
11. What do you do when you have trouble solving a problem?
12. Have you ever failed? How do you normally handle failure?
13. Do you consider yourself a success? What are the reasons of your success?
14. Why are you interested in our position? What can you offer? Why should we hire you?
15. What kind of contribution do you think you could make to our organization?
16. What makes you different from other candidates? Why should I hire you?
17. Why does this job interest you? What part of this job interest you the most? What part of this job interest you the least?
18. What is your 5-year job goal?
19. Have you done the best job you are capable of? Tell me how do you do that?
20. What have you learned from each of your jobs?
21. How do you handle conflicts with peers?
22. When you are supervising people, how do you motivate them?
23. Which of your jobs was the least interesting? Why?
24. What kind of an employee are you?
25. Describe your personality.
26. Name 3 personal characteristics that best describe you.
27. On your last performance evaluation, what did your supervisor criticize you for?
28. How do you normally handle criticism? Give me an example.
29. Describe a situation when you feel you were unfairly criticized. What did you do?
30. Describe a time when you caught up in office politics unfairly.
31. What did you dislike the most about your last job?
32. How do you normally relate to “office politics”?
33. What are you looking for in your next job?
34. Do you consider yourself a loyal employee?
35. What are your career goals/objectives?
36. How does this job fit in with your career goals?
37. How do you normally handle change?
38. Would you like to have your boss’s job?
39. Were your last employers satisfied with you?
40. Were you satisfied with your performance at your last employer?
41. Do you consider yourself promotable?
42. How will you describe your boss’s style?
43. What did you like most about your last employer?
44. How would you describe your relationship with your boss?
45. What have you learned from your boss?
46. Describe a time when you resolved a conflict between two of your subordinates.
47. What will your subordinates/peers say about you?
48. What will your formal boss say about you?
49. Do you prefer to work alone or with others?
50. Do you consider yourself a team player?
51. Describe your style as a team player.
52. Do you consider yourself self-motivated? Describe a time when you take the initiative to accomplish something.
53. What motivates you?
54. Describe your relationship with peers.
55. What kind of people do you prefer to work with?
56. What kind of people do you dislike the most?
57. What did you like least about your current employer?
58. If you can change one thing about your last employer, what would it be?
59. How do you handle failure or weakness in others?
60. How would you describe your attitude toward risk?
61. Do you consider yourself a risk-taker?
62. How do you normally handle crises?
63. What kinds of decisions are most difficult for you?